I love this time of year when I get to tell everyone about some amazing young people & their efforts to make our school safer & more active. I am talking about the Your Move Team.
It has been another year (the 8th actually) of wonderful ACHIEVEMENTS:
- The Team achieved Double Platinum by the end of Term 2 (earlier than the goal which was set!) DP =1500 points. Currently the Team has achieved a whopping 2636 points.
- Besides this, the Team ran Star Cards, presented at Assembly & assisted with Active Travel events, campaigns & class competitions throughout the year.
- The Team attended a Leadership Lab facilitated by Millienium Kids in June. Here the Team pitched a plan which was awarded the best presentation by their peers. The just reward was a ride on the RAC Intellibus & a visit to the Old Mill in South Perth. True to the YM ethos, public transport was used to get there.
- The Team also worked in collaboration with the P&C to get a Walking School Bus up & running. To this end trial WSBs were run on our WalknWheel 2School Day. All that we need NOW is for parents to step up to make this a reality.
- The Team achieved sufficient points to fund 4 classes attending the Constable Care Safety School in Maylands (that's over $1 000.) On the second excursion, the Team attended to assist teachers with their classes. And yes we loved reading your Thank You letters. It was the icing on the cake!
- Because of our DP accreditation, we were eligible for a Connecting Schools Grant. Ms Riley was on the phone within seconds of the CSGs opening & was able to secure funding for the refurbishment of the bike track in the Kindy area. This is now a work in progress.
Some mighty achievements. Well done, Team. Thank you, Team, for a fabulous & inspirational year. It has been an honour & privilege to work with you. Ms Riley & I would now like to acknowledge our Team by presenting the 2021 YM Certificates.
This was the piece I had the pleasure of presenting to the school community at today's assembly. After the presentation of certificates, we also announced the 2022 Team & presented badges & shirts but that is another story (in 2022!)
Discuss this story
2 CommentsPlease login to comment